Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sorry I Summoned Cthulhu

I usually post about books on here, but today I wanted to write about the game Elder SignDavid got it for me this summer and has been trying to get me to play it for months (but I wouldn't let him open it until my birthday).  It's based on the canon created and followed by writers like H.P. Lovecraft.  In the game, you play a group of investigators trying to figure out how to defeat a monster from the canon (by luck of the draw, we got Cthulhu!) by completing tasks to earn Elder Signs.  It's terrifying and you die...a lot.  However, it's also a great game to play with people like David, who usually likes to make things difficult for others, because the game is collaborative.  Rather than being player vs. player, it's players vs. game.

We lost horribly, but we had a lot of fun.  The video above has a few clips from our fight.  Please let me know what you think of the game if you try it!  You can get it here: http://dft.ba/-eldersign

No comments:

Post a Comment